Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

This is ***** *****. My '96 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo

Customer Question

Customer: This is ***** *****. My '96 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel 4WD slips equally in every gear right now. Not driving it. I'm suspecting torque converter has failed.....would I need to have the entire transmission replaced? I'm not a mechanic, but am going on what comments my sons have made. Your thoughts?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not sure what details you are looking for. It's an automatic, and to get the 4WD activated, I have to use a stick shift on the center floor board. Maybe you could ask me the details??? I'll gladly tell you what I may know. Again, not a mechanic.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sorry, short on time, since it's Christmas Eve. Will you be online over the weekend?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Is the check engine light on while driving?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

I see that you are busy with Christmas (aren't we all?) and yes I will be online over the weekend. Merry Christmas!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you are ready to work on this problem. Let me kinow and I will help you figure this out.

Chris