Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Wiper motor stopped working so i replaced the switch inside

Customer Question

Customer: wiper motor stopped working so i replaced the switch inside because I tested the motor and it worked...still not working so then I check the motor using a ground wire and it worked again...made a ground for the motor to the chassis and before putting it al back together I checked it again after hooking up the ground...it worked fine. Put it all back together and tried it again...now it blows fuses.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not really...pretty much described what i've done so far
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a 1999 dodge ram sport 4x4 with a 5.2 liter motor....will that do
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay! YES, that will do the trick. One minute while I pull up a wiring diagram

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Meanwhile, have you checked power and ground going to the wiper motor? If so, what color wires have power and ground?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Which color wire did you check for a ground going to the wiper motor?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Do you need a wiring diagram of this circuit? Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Lets start by checking the power and ground to the wiper motor. With the wiper motor switch turned on high and key in the on position, the dark blue wire should get battery voltage at the black wire should get ground. It is possible that this black wire does not have a good ground on it preventing the motor from working.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If these check out good, please let me know so we can check other circuits going to the wiper motor.