sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Seeba I have a 3500 dodge 2001 truck with the code p1693,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Seeba I have a 3500 dodge 2001 truck with the code p1693, when I was driving it it just dies, then after 10 minutes I can start it again, this repeats i was going to replace the crank shaft sensor , took starter off but can't find it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when i was driving it it just stopped like you turned off the key, wait 5 minutes and it will restart, then it runs 5 minutes and does it again code p1693 is what i saw when put testor on it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: if you think they can tell me the issue i will gladly pay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1b7mf33601j560534
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the VIN

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we can type here
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Here is the definition for this code.

P1693 Diagnostic Trouble Code Set In The Controller
Possible Causes
ECM has detected a problem and set a trouble code in memory
ECM has failed

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what do I need to do to fix it
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

However, my experience has been that this code and stalling condition is caused by a bad fuel transfer pump.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just installed a new vp44 pump and transfer pump 6 months ago
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did this since the truck was missing bad
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

I suppose the new pump could be bad. I have seen bad new parts right out of the box. Have you checked for codes in any other modules on board the vehicle? This would be the next step.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
only had snap on computer and it told us that there was no power going to vp44 fuel pump, transfer pump turns on and runs when you turn key off and on
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Ok, I will leave this question open for other experts. Another expert will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P1693 sets in one controller when there is a code stored in the opposite. If this was found in the ECM then there is another code stored in the PCM, if this was stored in the PCM then there is another code stored in the ECM.

Do you know the other P codes that are set?

Do you have the original transfer pump on the left side of the block or an aftermarket setup?