Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

2010 grande caravan, about1A constant drain on batt, goes

Customer Question

2010 grande caravan, about1A constant drain on batt, goes away when I pull m12 and m13 fuses. These are amp/radio and ccn. Gonna look for amp module and unhook next. I think ccn is in cluster. Trying to determine if caused by electronics or wiring. O ya radio is dead most of time but comes to life occasionally. Current draw will make it go dead again.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. The CCN is the instrument cluster. I have personally seen these clusters cause this type of drain. It is not the wiring. Now it is possible that the radio is the cause. Remove the radio and disconnect it. If the drain is still present, then remove the cluster and disconnect it. Which ever one reduces the drain, thst is the compnent to replace.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

If you need procedures on how to remove the cluster or the radio, let me know and I will send it to you.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Me

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Thank you!

Chris