Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

PARKING LIGHTS AND DASH LIGHTS WON,T COME ON. WENT TURN ON

Customer Question

Customer: PARKING LIGHTS AND DASH LIGHTS WON,T COME ON. WENT TURN ON PARK LIGHT ONLY HEAR SOUND LET YOU KNOW THE LIGHT SWITCH IS ON. HEAD LIGHTS AND SIGNAL LIGHTS WORK O.K. WHEN TURN INTERIOR LIGHT WHEEL THE LIGHTS INSIDE THE STOP WILL COME ON. OTHER DAY IN DAY TIME GOT HOME AND GOT OUT AND THAT ONE TIME ONLY THE LIGHTS WHERE ON, WITH THE LIGHT SWITCH OFF. TURN SWITCH BACK ON AND OFF BUT DID NO DIFFERENT. TO TURN LIGHT OFF I HAD TO UNHOOK THE BATTERY CABLE. ONE TIME SINCE GOT THIS WAY ONE DAY IT ALL WHEN BACK WORKING FOR ONE TIME ONLY. NOT WORK SINCE. ALSO WHEN CAME ON AND WORK FOR A WHILE, SOUND LIKE UNDERDASH WAS A LITTLE SOUND LIKE A LITTLE RELAY CHATTER. REPLACE THE LIGHT SWITCH. STAY THE SAME. ONE MECHANIC ON PHONE MENTION ABOUT A CLUSTER, BUT COUPLE MORE TALK TO SAY MIGHT BE THE BCM UP UNDER THE DASH. RUN A TEST LIGHT PROBE ACROSS ALL FUSES UNDER HOOD AND EA. ONE LIGHT ON BOTH ENDS OF THE FUSES. HAVE NO ALARM SYSTEM. iS A 3.3 LITER 1996 PLYMOUTH VOYGER
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: VIN # ***** ALSO IF BCM REPLACEMENT FOR THE BCM WOULD IT BE A PLUG AND PLAY OR WILL HAVE BE RESET BY A COMPUTER, ETC. ?? IT BE GOOD TO HAVE A DIAGRAM OF THE LIGHT SYSTEM, TO TEST WIRES, ETC. I HAVE METER. wESLEY
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I,LL WAIT AND THE FEE IS O.K. IF LOSE CONTACT MY EMAIL IS. ***@******.*** TEXT IS(###) ###-####THANK YOU. WESLEY WESLEY/LAMONDA
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

There are three fuses that power that park lamp circuit, start with checking the fuses #1 and #4 and #6 in the junction box fuse panel. If the fuse check okay then the next step is going to be to scan the system and see if the body control module is setting any fault codes. See the wiring diagram in the link below for reference .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Park%20light%20Dec%2024.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do to XMAS & all theasy on Rainey wrsr Rainey weather, not been able to try anything you told us yet?With my Asthma, acts up easy. Hope be able get scan and so on Tuesday COMMING
Thanks a lot. Would like to know on the R C M. BEING THAT OLD 1996. WILL A USE ONE THAT YEAR WORK O.K FROM ANY USE ONE OR IS IT PLUG & PLAY?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

What are you calling the RCM?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, BODY CONTROL MODULE. TOLD UNDER DASH ON DRIVERS SIDE.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

There is no programming required on the 1996

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All Fuses still Testing good. Under DASH is some more Fuses. Seems be in front of the BCM. THR Fuses I CHECK ON THIS SECTION CHECK GOOD SO FAR. DON T GUESS NONE THESE WORK THE BCM.
So guess I try get it Scan for Errors be next step. Hope get it done somewhere soon
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Get it scanned and let me know the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.k. be a few days, as down with my ASTHMA - Rainy weather. Hope FRI or Sat. Let you know.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

No problem, feel better soon and Im here when you need me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dt. Gave me a shot & 3 prescriptions. Slowly feeling better. Found one place Scan today. No CODES came up on the Body Control. Just PO800 & PO403 ON EGR SOLENOID CIRCUIT. NO BCM OR OTHER NAMES EVEN CAME UP. A DODGE DEALER ON PHONE SAID SOUND TO HIM LIKE THE CLUSTER. THIS OLD I WOULD NOT TJINK IT GORD THRU THAT TO TURN RUNNING LIGHTS ON OUTSIDE LIGHTS ON. ITS A FUSE RACK IN FRONT THE BCM, VHECK SOME FUSES IN IT TOO, NOT ALL. BUT FOUND NO BAD IN FUSE BOX UNDER HOOD.MIGHT CAN PICK UP A USE BCM WHERE I BE. MONDAY, WONDER IS THAT A BAD IDEA? THE USR PARTS DEALER SAY HE NEED MORE THEN THAT FOR PART. Need no mast type. If Cslif. Or West. Wesley
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

At this point it may not be a bad idea to at least give it a try.