Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Dodge Charger

Customer Question

Dodge Charger
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2011 Charger Se make a thud sound when i press on the gas peddle really fast..any ideas of what could be causing this?
Expert:  Robert R replied 11 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

How many miles on the vehicle?

What area of the vehicle is the noise coming from?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
100,651 miles and the noise is coming from the front of the car...

With 100k, it is most likely that one of the motor mounts have broken. The thud you are hearing is likely the motor mount grounding out to the metal part of the mount.

An easy test is to have someone powerbrake the car a few times with the hood up and while standing off to the side, check for excessive engine movement while holding the brake pedal and accelerating.

Do this test while keeping the vehicle from moving. Try it in drive and in reverse. If engine moves more in drive than reverse, likely you have a broken mount that needs to be replaced.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Remember, if you need help in the future, you can always request me through My Profile Page (Bookmark this link). Begin your question with “Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, Please kindly"Rate" my service, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for asking your question!

Robert