Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2000 dodge which just

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** and I have a 2000 dodge which just "died" from this lift pump problem.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My truck was about three quarters full on fuel. I started it up on about a 40 degree night in November. It ran about 50 feet and died. I had it towed to an independent mechanic who produced the bad lift pump he had replaced. There were melted wired leading out of the pump. He stated that the injectors were bad (all six) and quoted me 800 dollars per injector to replace. He said the injector pump was good as I see inreading other articles is the most likely component failure.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Something does not seem right to me. I have never seen all 6 fuel injectors fail at once and cause the engine to die, and I question this diagnosis. Why the melted wires out of the lift pump? The only thing that would make sense and damage the injectors is if you got a tankful of contaminated fuel. Is the mechanic saying that you got some bad fuel?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello?