Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

Lou. As soon as I got home from work I notice there is steam

Customer Question

Customer: Lou. As soon as I got home from work I notice there is steam coming out of the hood. Open the hood a cannot tell where its coming from. I let sit for a few minutes. Then went to drive around then block but noticed that turning the steering wheel was very tight and skipped with few degrees of turning? Power steering pump maybe?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its hard to turn the steering wheel. Also noticed some fluid on the electric fans couldnt tell what type of fluid it was. Did not appear to be coolant.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing we need to know is what your working on, year, make and model as well as engine size. Steam in most cases is caused by a coolant leak but if your sure its not coolant then it could very well be smoke from the power steering fluid being pushed out of the PS pump. Can you take a closer look and check all fluid levels to see which one may be low and post back with the results as well as complete information and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The vehicle is a 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T V8 Hemi. I checked the coolant level and looked good.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay are all other fluid full as well?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Im currently at work. As soon as I have a chance Ill check the PS pump fluid level and reply back with what I see.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay , let me know and we can work from there.