Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I got a 2008 sprinter 2500 turbo with a 3119 exhaust gas

Customer Question

Customer: I got a 2008 sprinter 2500 turbo with a 3119 exhaust gas temperature signal implusible.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I replace the egr temperature sensor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

which sensor ws changed the upper , middle or lower?

i need you to check the wiring of the of the upper sensor (arrow). you need an ohm meter to measure the wiring and needs to be less than 1 ohm of resistance of each wire. you may need a scan tool to check the temps of all 3 sensors to see if the others are getting skewed out of range.

please let me know