sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 1999 dodge grand caravan low beam lights horn wipers auto

Customer Question

my 1999 dodge grand caravan low beam lights horn wipers auto doorlocks tail lights dash lights and guages do not work .have been resetting by disconneting battery for about 2 months . but now thats not working , have checked and cleaned all ground wire and connections. what can i do to figure out what the problem is ? need lights and tail lights to work . because i go to work in the daek and get home in the dark.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It woudl take some electrical testing of each system to know exactly what is causing each problem and a full capability scan tool would really be necessary, but your combination of symptoms is almost surely being caused by a failure in the body control module. The BCM controls all of the items you're having trouble with and if you were able to disconnect the battery and have the problems go away that makes it even more likely to be the BCM. Other than the BCM these items don't really have anything in common. If all of these problems started at once and went away together after a battery disconnect then I would recommend replacing the BCM.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was good imfomation will try that.

Good luck with your van!