Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years Diag/Electrical Specialist
13677702

My driver side door vibrates when driving on the freeway and

Customer Question

My driver side door vibrates when driving on the freeway and feel like air is getting in. Is there a way to adjust the door so it is tighter to the frame?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Randall C replied 11 months ago.

Hello, several different adjustments can be made, Little tricky trying to explain each and every with me not there so,, do you think adjusting the door so it closes a little tighter would help.?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think so. I'm sure new weather stripping wouldn't hurt. I have looked at the other doors though and the stripping is the same but no vibration or air getting in.

Ok I realize this link is rather long and hard to follow, I would not go to the hinges but rather the striker, You can lossen the striker and move it around, in/out/up and down,It may? take torx screw bit, Cant remember, What we do is spray paint around it so we know the orginal spot or outline with a marker, Then loosen and move it in some to tighten door to the seal. Now, another trick is to smear some say vaseline on the weather strip, Close door, then open, You can then see if the vaeline got on the door edge and if any gaps they will show up, Here is a link to how to adjust the door, I really think just moving the striker in some pulling door tighter may do the trick, You will have to play with adjustments

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay I will try that and also I think that the weather stripping around my window is pulling away from the frame. How would I fix that?

well, no repair directions to send, The way it is reacttahed is using 3M weather stirp adhesive, It comes in black or yellow at any parts store, Spraying silicon spray on the weather stripping helps to soften and rejuv the rubber

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just to clarify we are talking about the same thing. Its when I roll up the window and the window sits in that weather stripping?

well door vibrating would not be same area problem as the window glass seals, I was telling about the door, Window seals are more complex meaning the glas is removed and the window channels are slid out, Dealer item for the window glass run channels, Door panel removed, glass removed , then the run channels, Here are the only repair links for removing the panel and glass

and even if it is only pulling away, use the adhesive behind the areas it is pulling away to adhere it back

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Would you recommend some type of clamp to hold it in place while the adhesive works?

no, this adhesive is VERY tacky and works near instant, You apply, push the rubber on, hold for a few seconds, sure you could put some tape to hold as well but the 3M adhesive is designed just for this and ver very tacky stuf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay. Sounds good. I will try this and get back to you on how it turned out or if I have anymore questions on it.

PLease remember to rate my service I provided today, The post WILL remain open for followups after you rate, Rating does not close the post, Many thanks. I ma on/off each day