Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Freon fill port leaking after freon is added. How do I stop

Customer Question

Freon fill port leaking after freon is added. How do I stop the leak
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

It leaks from the little valve inside the port hole. Its the same as a tire valve and if it gets even just a real small piece of debris in there it wont spring up enough and seal. Usually you would have to replace it (it just unscrews with a little adapter) but you will loose all the freon you just put in. sometimes you can use a little screwdriver and snap the little valve and it will spray out some freon and possible clean the valve off. If it still leaks replace the valve. any parts store carries them and the adapter to use for about 5 bucks.

Any further questions?

My goal is that you are 100% happy with my answer(s). I strive for a positive rating. It's the only way i get credit.

If you have further questions PLEASE just reply and i will work with you as long as possible.