Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2005 Dodge Ram 1500, began shifting hard, then when driviing

Customer Question

Customer: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500, began shifting hard, then when driviing around 40 MPH keeps shifting (rpms go from 1500-2000), shifts hard when decelerating. Check engine light came on and got aP0068 code. COuld the TPS cause the tranny to act weird? FLuid color is fine and no smell?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Got a P0068 code. the Transmission is shifting erractically in the mid range (around 40 MPH) and then downshift hard during deacceleration. Could a faulty TPS cause the tranny to act up? FLuid level is fine, color is good and there aren't any burn't smells coming from the fluid
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

The TPS can definitely effect the shifting of the trans. If it is bad, (or the circuitry) that would have to be repaired before any diagnostics for any shifting problems.

.

I can get the test instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks