Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My wifes 2005 Dodge stratus won't start. Under the hood I

Customer Question

Customer: My wifes 2005 Dodge stratus won't start. Under the hood I noticed a 20 amp fuse was blown. I replaced it and when I tried to start the car it blew again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: THe horn, ac, and power windows all work. The aftermarket radio does not come on though. I checked the fuse for it on the inside of the car and its ok
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, A couple things, I have to know which fuse it is and what engine you have, Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fuse for the starter/ignition
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** need to know the engine size so i can pull the correct diagrams

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20 amp fuse for starter and fuel. Engine is 2.7l 6 cyclinder
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

the fuse slots should be numbered, can you tell me what number fuse it is? here is a link to the fuse box

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Slot 8
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

That fuse controls many things, I am really not sure where to start so I will opt out, open the post to the other experts, One should be along soon to help