Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

P0016 on a 5.9 cummings
, replaced cam and crank sensor

Customer Question

Customer: p0016 on a 5.9 cummings
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: replaced cam and crank sensor code still there truck is running rich at idle
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Truck seems to run great except for blueish white smoke at idle Have a Snap on modis scanner and it shows both sensors registering. Do the two sensors have to be synced?
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I've seen this in the past. It has to do with the cam and/or crank sensor spacing to the tone wheel (Non Adjustable). Can you use your modis scanner as an Oscilloscope? If you can graph the cam and crank sensors, you may be able to tell which one is giving you issues. I can help you get this solved if you can monitor both signals with the scope function of the modis..

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert