sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel HD 2007 The transfer will not

Customer Question

I have a Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel HD 2007 The transfer will not in-gauge the front wheels, the electric motor to in-gauge front end works you can hear it but the front wheels will not pull. When I went to use the four wheel drive it sounded like at first it tried to in-gauge but would not. it sounded at first like it was throwing in and out ( a grinding sound) now I have nothing any thoughts
***@******.***
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the disconnect actuator works and does engage the axle shaft to the intermediate shaft then the problem would have to be an issue with the transfer case or an internal failure in the front differential. It's unlikely to be a differential issue but possible.

Could you tell what area the noise came from?