Master Tech 1
Master Tech 1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases of auotmotive diagnostics and repairing
24034660

Sc ott, ***** ***** here. I have a 2014 dodge journey.

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Sc ott, ***** ***** here. I have a 2014 dodge journey.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: man, the other day, my car run out of battery. next day I jump-started it. all ok; but. fan will not blow front windshield defrost and floor vent work ok. but can't get the thing to blow off front vents
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'am cool with that. I have used u guys before.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Master Tech 1 replied 11 months ago.

Hello: May I help you with this issue? Are you saying that it wont blow from the dash vents only? Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi.
Where is the answer?
Txs,
J.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi mastertech1,
It won't blow out the front, but will out bottom and windshield.

Hello: Sorry for the delay, I was out of town away from computer, Ok, So it blows out of the defroster and the floor modes, but no vents! What happens in most of these cases is the HVAC system looses it programming. What you need to do is remove key from ignition, then remove both battery cables from battery, Then take the pos. and neg. cables and touch the two together, (make sure they are clear of the battery posts) hold them together for about 30 seconds, (this will cause the HVAC controller and mode doors for HVAC(heating,ventilation, air conditioning) to reset to factory settings! Thanks, ***** ***** me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue! And Have a Merry Christmas!