Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Matt I'm having an issue with wiring up my battery cables to

Customer Question

Hi matt I'm having an issue with wiring up my battery cables to to air heater grid relays
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

What's going on with your heater grid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well the left battery boiled over I needed to replace them anyways. I changed them out but must have forgot how the wiring goes to the relays voltage is dropping off instead of raising
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

The picture is your heater grid relays.. One side is to the battery and the other is to the heater grid... If you start it up what is the voltage at? Also after it's running the voltage will drop when the grid heater is active because it draws 90 amps and it cycles on and off... Is this what your experiencing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but the voltage should raise up above 14 when it's done. It's not doing that it's dropping lower and now the new battery is boiling over
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just check the voltage while truck is running. Passenger side is way over charging with fluctuating pulsing aND driver remains the same no move ment but passenger boils over almost immediately