Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2000 dodge dakota with a security starter. I need

Customer Question

I have a 2000 dodge dakota with a security starter. I need to swipe the sensor first before starting the truck. It is not working and I cannot start my truck. Is there a way to bypass it?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Is this an aftermarket system on the truck?

If so do you know what brand?

Can you go into more detail on swipe the sensor?

Have you though about just removing this system and patching all the wires its spliced into?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think it's an after market sensor. It has a prong and light on the cox and on the remote. The remote is a small almost heart shape device the size of a quarter. There is no name or label on the remote or box. As for splicing, I am not familiar with wiring. It seems to work after a long period of rest though. It just started about 10 minutes ago and I moved it to my parking. But now the sensor won't let my truck to start again

Are you able to follow the wiring from this things part to it module, remove the module and see if the name brand has been stamped into the plastic housing?