rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2001 Dodge Durango 4.7L 4x2 An annoying chime has been

Customer Question

2001 Dodge Durango 4.7L 4x2
An annoying chime has been sounding off and on for quite a while. No indicator lights show. no doors open, no seat belt non connected, nothing on seats etc.
Time frequency varies too , sometimes every 30 seconds .then longer ,non for a few days then it starts again
also the rear windshield wiper operation has become sporadic.sometimes no fucntion at all then starts to work. I see no problems with the light auto dimming function or door lock timing as yet.
I've attempted a "reboot" by disconnecting battery cables overnight but the issue will reoccur. I'm guessing at the CTM module, btu jus hate taking to the dealer unless absolutely no other solution thanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

The first thing you need to do is isolate where the chime is coming from, what module, so you can trace down what it is connected too. There are many things involved with something like this, including the lights too.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sounds from dash area, no other error indications or problems lights down everything else seems ok except rear wiper
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

That's a good start, but we need to be able to put our hand on it. There can be 20 different modules under the dash. we need to know exactly which one it is. This won't be easy because you're not seeing any other faults with the car.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep our link in case you still need my help.