rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

, Well I just installed a new valve body and hooked

Customer Question

Customer: Hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I just installed a new valve body and hooked everything back up but for a little bit, my truck was only starting in drive instead of park. I was messing with the gear shift linkage a bit and got it to start in park but now it won't shift at all
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

You may need to get some help with this one. it appears that either the gear selector switch or neutral safety switch is out of alignment. There is a procedure with special tools to get it back right again.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know there is a bolt that goes in there to keep everything in place but I'm not quite sure where it goes exactly. When I removed it, it was late and I was getting irritated. Is there a diagram?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, there is no diagram for that. That's why I said you will need to get some one on one live help with this one. These adjustment nuts rarely get touched, but when they do, this is what happens.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep our link in case you need me again.