Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2000 Ram with 5.2. I was driving and it died and

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Ram with 5.2. I was driving and it died and won't restart. Noticed every once in a while before it would stutter on applying the fuel. So I have just replaced the TV sensor. Still nothing. I released the pressure on the fuel rail turn the engine a few seconds and the rail has pressure again so that makes me think the fuel pump is ok.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. I am going to need to start by getting your VIN so I can pull your vehicle up and get you the correct information. Also, this issue you are having may be a bit more involved and it might be eaiser if we speak over the phone. We will be able to cover more ground and in greater detail that way. However, phone calls are extra. I can send a phone call request over from my end or you can request a phone call on your end. If you don't feel comfortable speaking on the phone we can always continue on this page. Please let me know so we can get started.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

So does the engine start and run on starting fluid?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello???