Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I changed the battery I my keyless remote and doesn't work.

Customer Question

I changed the battery I my keyless remote and doesn't work. What else do I need to do? It's a 2003 dodge ram 1500
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. The remote itself may have failed. Have it tested at your auto parts store or hardware store. They will test it for free. If it will not put out a signal, then purchase a new remote and have it programmed to your truck.

If the remote does test good, then the RKE module on the back of the instrument cluster has failed and will need to be replaced.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris