Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 1985 dodge d 150 pickup with tilt steering the

Customer Question

i have a 1985 dodge d 150 pickup with tilt steering the steering wheel has play or flop in it.i i have taken the column apart an tightened the 4 bolts that are supposed to solve this problem but it didn't.what is my next step.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You want to check the column bearings that the shaft rides on to locate and replace any worn out or broken bearings.I would also inspect the shaft and column housing for any cracks or damage needing repaired or replaced.If this has already been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete