Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2005 dodge status, we installed a new battery but

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, I have a 2005 dodge status, we installed a new battery but the car cranks about 3 turns then seems like the battery is dead, it will not jump either
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the car ran fine and started fine but after work th car would not start thought it was the battery but was not the problem. I was told there was some noise while they were driviving coming from the engine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Also, if you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call and I will call you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1b3el46x55n695435
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the VIN! So the engine cranks over but does not start? Is that right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It cranks about 3 turns on a full charge battery then acks like a dead battery. It will not jump. We tested the stater thats not the problem. Previous owner datd had problems with altinater
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Maybe we should talk on the phone. It would be much easier for both of us

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Please accept my offer and call me

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I can talk on the phone right now