-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My name is ***** ***** and i just bought a 2008 dodge ram

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** and i just bought a 2008 dodge ram 2500 with the 6.7 its straight piped but i have a message saying dpf filter full i know i need a tuner for that is there anyway to take that off without having to buy a tuner ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its in reduce power
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good morning..

If you remove the DPF it will rerate the HP and you will not be able to drive it.. I would suggest getting a tuner that will allow you to remove all the emission components such as the RaceME programmer found >>HERE<<. I have installed many of these and once you gut your DPF you will have more HP and more MPG and not have to worry about any emission issue again..

I hope this helps,

Brad