Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 1999 24v Cummins with an aftermarket lift pump. My

Customer Question

I have a 1999 24v Cummins with an aftermarket lift pump. My tuner reads the trouble code p0230 "fuel pump primary circuit" there may also be fuel in my crankcase oil. What is happening?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code you have here is for the transfer/lift pump circuit.Since there is an after market lift pump if it is the incorrect lift pump this can cause this code to set as well as cause high fuel pressure issues to the injection system/pump and may be causing fuel in the engine oil.I have seen allot of issues with after market lift pumps and had to replace it with the correct style pump before.This sounds like what needs done here and then the fault codes cleared out/erased to see if the code comes back.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete