Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

Put a transmission out of a 2001 I ton dodge diesel in a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Put a transmission out of a 2001 I ton dodge diesel in a 1999 dodge 2500. Runs and shifts fine . Put ATF 4 in it and I go 1 mile and the OD shuts off 1 more mile and Trans temp light comes on. Stop and feel trans cooler in front of radiator and you can set your hand on it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what else do you need to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When the light come on the computer system should be detecting a system fault and when this happens the computer should set and store a fault code and or codes. If you can scan the computer system and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting and post back with them I will try and help you determine the cause. Post back when you can and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Coded P1693 Cnf 1/1 Mod 1
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The fault code P1693 means that there is a DTC stored in a companion module, Are you able to retrieve codes from the transmission control module?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check with the service garage to see if he can code it for me
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay let me know the results and we can work from there.