Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

My questions to a dodge mechanic I have a 2007 dodge charger

Customer Question

my questions to a dodge mechanic I have a 2007 dodge charger rt 5.7L this morning I started my car up it started fine but the steering wheel felt tight like it didnt want to turn and when I turned it i was hearing what I describe as a clicking crunchy sound and the bas/esp and squiggly illuminated.I drove it a few miles,and the tightness and noise disappeared but the bas/esp squiggly stays lit up when vehicles turned on and stays on,theres no engine light and I checked with scanner in obd2 theres no codes other wise now it drives fine the same as always but those esp/bas squiggly wont disappear.from reading about this car online it seems to be the steering wheel position sensor and or clockspring i wanted to get the part and install it myself i Understand 2 10mm screws and the airbag comes off what should i order fro your experience thankyou
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This does indeed sound like the steering angle sensor/clockspring assembly that has failed. All you need to order is the clockspring assembly. You will also need a steering wheel puller to remove the steering wheel. I will send you the procedures on how to replace it. Be back in a bit.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok, below is a DropBox link. Copy and paste that link into your browser's address bar and hit enter to see the procedure. I hope this helps, and please if I have been helpful don't forget to rate my service today!

Thank you.

Chris.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/io7pgida8u67ngr/LX%20clockspring.doc?dl=0

.