Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Parked my 08 Dodge 2500 Friday, it was fine. It's cold, -15.

Customer Question

Customer: Parked my 08 Dodge 2500 Friday, it was fine. It's cold, -15. Now, turn key to acc and fuel pump kick on, headlights, dome light, and mileage show, but the rest of the gauge lights, the blower motor and the radio are dead - turn on, won't turn over. Checked fuses, #40 20Amp Power IGN Run/Acc fuse blown. Ok, replaced it. Still same. And the fuse did not blow again... It's cold, -15, wires are cold/stiff, could break easily. If ground issue wouldn't fuse blow again? Could it be a positive lead somewhere broke? Came unplugged? In the daylight I'll check wires under the passenger seat (my kid had it reclined) and maybe in the tilt steering column. Don't know what else to look for.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3D7KS28D78G229553
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the VIN! One moment while I pull up your vehicle.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, the first thing that comes to mind is a bad integrated power distribution module. This module supplies power to your entire vehicle. Sometimes it can go bad preventing certain components of the vehicle from getting power. You might want to start by disconnecting the battery cables from the battery and holding them together for about 10 minutes to see if that does the trick. If not, the TIPM may possible be bad and need to be replaced.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Another possible cause would be a bad connection at or after the battery. There are also fusible links that could have burned up too

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

One thing you may want to do is check power at the battery and be sure that the same amount of battery voltage is going to the power distribution center.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

That would be the integrated control module I was talking about..

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If the blower motor is not working, that suggests an issue with the TIPM and the TIPM supplies power to the blower motor. I would have a look at that first..