Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

My 1992 dodge ram charger windows 't work they are power

Customer Question

My 1992 dodge ram charger windows don't work they are power and used to be intermittent.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine why the window are not working you are going to need to start with checking to see if you have power to the switch on the tan/black wire . Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there. I have enclosed the window wiring diagram in the link below for reference. Copy and past the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20windows%20Dec%2014.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not had a chance to check the power to the switch other than to open the door which makes dome light come on and then hit the windo switch and see if dome light dims. It does not so I need to pull the switch and check for power.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

That would be the next correct step. Use the wiring diagram I sent you for reference on which wires to check.