Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

A yr my 93 dodge d250 has always started. Sometimes you'd

Customer Question

For almost a yr my 93 dodge d250 has always started. Sometimes you'd have to turn the key several times, (n tho it appeared to be not making as good connection to battery) it would always start. It's went a month or two at a time starting normal. Then would go back to doing the same thing. Today when I turned the key instead of starting or doing nothing it turned over just a little n stopped. I turned again n again n it did that a few times. Like the battery was going dead. Then I turned again n it started. Was backing up n it stalled. Now it won't start. I've turned the key a hundred times n nothing. what could it be that seems like bad connection, yet, w/o touching anything under the hood, it just starts rite up if u keep clicking the key. . That after a year, would eventually go out or cause truck not to start anymore
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it started. Held the key on n touched the starter with 12 volts. Must b the starter cylinoid
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** wont be the solenoid, but rather a bad spot in the armature of the starter, and is common with these symptoms, I can help you verify this if you have a test light or a voltmeter?