Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

Dodge ram 2003 with dead battery and no start---will run if

Customer Question

Customer: dodge ram 2003 with dead battery and no start---will run if you use jumper cables and will stop running if cables are removed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I left the key in ignition on and 1 1/2 days later it wpuld not start 00stupid uuhhhhhh
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 12 months ago.

Charge the battery overnite at 4 amps or for 2 hours at 10 amps, then check it again. If the alternator isn't charging then, remove it and take it into a auto-parts store and have it bench tested but I believe it's just going to end up being a dead battery and just needs to be fully charged.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 11 months ago.

Have you charged the battery yet?