rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Engine check light just came on on our dodge grand caravan

Customer Question

engine check light just came on on our dodge grand caravan 3.3 liter v-6 engine . what might be the problem ?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

It could be a number of things causing the light to come on. What you need to do next, is have a code reader or scan tool attached to the computer to extract the codes and identify them so you can go from there. Most parts stores will check this for you for free too.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you have any more questions.