Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

98 dodge dakota headlights turning off marker lights changed

Customer Question

98 dodge dakota headlights turning off marker lights changed light swith 3 time same probem
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Is it only the marker/running lights that turn off?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No when I pull the switch all the way out I lose all lights associated with the marker light. I have replaced the light switch 3 times
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

But if you pull the switch out to the first detent the marker lights come on and stay on?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but have to go just pass it for them to turn on then if i pull them the rest of the way headlights come on but lose marker. but if i hit the electric start button the makers say on till i touch the brakes
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, you may have a ground circuit problem. Go and check all grounds on the truck's frame and body. Clean and tighten them as needed. Look on the frame and under the hood. Let me know if you see loose or corroded ground connections.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you will do
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome!

Chris