Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Remove 89 dodge 5.9 diesel starter stuck in flywheel

Customer Question

remove 89 dodge 5.9 diesel starter stuck in flywheel
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, this is going to be a 2 person job. You need some one to use a socket and breaker bar on the crankshaft pulley bolt to rotate it back and forth a bit as you tap on the starter with a hammer to get the gear loose from the flywheel and then pull out the starter. You can also tap a prybar between the starter and bellhousing and pry it outwards as someone rotates the crank back and forth.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks