Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

Wont excelerate past20mph

Customer Question

wont excelerate past20mph
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

do you have a check engine or other fault light on? if you do then get the car plugged into a diagnostic machine to read off the stored code and point to the fault

if there's no fault light then I'd start with checking the fuel pressure with the engine running

as this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.