Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Whatdoes # 22 represent? it is lit up in yellow on my

Customer Question

whatdoes # ***** represent? it is lit up in yellow on my hubbies dash and he is driving
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the light has been on for nearly an hour. he is driving from San Diego to North LA, still a ways to go, can't stop to look in the book. What does the engine shaped icon lit up in yellow mean?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Sounds like the check engine light. I will call if you wish.

Chris

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no phone call. we figured it was a check engine light, was hoping for more. how do i disconnect from this?
Expert:  Chris replied 12 months ago.

What is the model of the 2009 Dodge and does it seem to be running ok?

Chris

Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What has to be done from here with this light on is to have a scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault.

If the vehicle is running and shifting o.k. it may be nothing to serious but since there are so many different components that can turn on this light the codes do need checked with a scan tool or computer.

If you can get these codes checked and post them here as well as the model and engine size of this vehicle this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete