Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2004 dodge ram 2500 4x4 5.9 diesel, i have a

Customer Question

i have a 2004 dodge ram 2500 4x4 5.9 diesel, i have a clunking sound coming from the (sounds like )left front corner when i stop and a little click when i takeoff, i do not hear it when i turn sharp not to say that i just cannot hear it over the engine.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be a fault with a ball joint that is worn on the control arm,usually a lower joint is most common.If you have already checked over the suspension components as well as tie rod I would have the ball joints checked for play/wear needing replaced.I would also have the shocks/struts double checked especially where they mount for any issues to where the affected shock or strut needs replaced.

One other thing is to have the brake pads and brake caliper checked for damage or worn or broken components needing replaced.All of these can cause this issue here needing checked into to locate and repair this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete