Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

5.9 Cummins 2004 will start with starter fluid. Otherwise

Customer Question

5.9 Cummins 2004 will start with starter fluid. Otherwise won't. Runs fine. Will not restart even fully warm. Code p0148 fuel delivery malfunction. Do I replace the fuel pump or is it an electrical
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 12 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** can be caused by either a bad lift pump, r a plugged fuel filter, have you checked the fuel filter yet?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Have replaced filter and checked bleeder in the warm up cycle output of fuel is normal do I know the luft pump us working ok. I'm concerned it may be the injector pump or the injectors themselves. All electrical relays are working with normal voltage.

This wont be in the injector pump, its in the lift pump circuit, you need to check the fuel pressure going into the injetor pump, it needs to over 10 psi, if its lower, then replace the lift pump,Tim