Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My 07 GC sxt Pwr drivers seat (8 way) will only move about

Customer Question

Customer: My 07 GC sxt Pwr drivers seat (8 way) will only move about 1" forward from the rear position. It will move back and forward within this limited 1" range. All other functions are normal.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Only, that it feels like the seat has come to the forward stopping point after traveling approx 1" from the rrear stopping point. Pat
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 12 months ago.

Do you hear the motor binding up when it stops? ARe the seat tracks clean of debri?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I can't hear the motor binding but I am able put my hand on the moter. As long as the switch is being held in either forward or reverse position I can feel the moter torquing after the seat has stopped moving. I believe that the seat is at the end of the track when it stops moving backwards . But there is still power to the moter as long as the switch is still being held on
Expert:  -Brad- replied 12 months ago.

If the seat should move farther and it stops then your seat track is likely damaged and it will need to be replaced..