Dr.Carz
Dr.Carz, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years of exp. 10 with ford on my third with all other makes.Just love cars
35496794

2002 dodge ram 4.7 will not start, cranks over good. I have

Customer Question

2002 dodge ram 4.7 will not start, cranks over good. I have fire, fuel and air, new crank sen. new cam sen. new timing chain set, had the heads reworked, I have 52 lb of fuel presser, Iit will not start
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Give me some compression values for this one. Based on the work that has already been done I need this info. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
120 TO 130 LB PER CYLINDER
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Are the plugs soaked with fuel? Was hoping to see a little more on the compression side but should be enough to run or pop something anyhow. You say you have fuel if so the plugs should be wet and fouled by now I would guess If not the the injectors may not be firing, which would lead us down a new path. I f plugs are dry with test light test for power at any injector does not matter which one all get power from same point (asd) relay.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what you find double check grounds that may have been removed in the rear head area, harness layout and connections, general look over, Any dtc's if you have scan tool would be great if there were any codes that is.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

HOW IS THE DODGE DOING? HAVE NOT HEARD BACK RATHER INTERESTED IN WHAT YOU MAY HAVE FOUND.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are going to get a new ECM on it.
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Let me know how it works out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 12 months ago.

How did the plugs look? just curious also I cannot find anywhere even called a friend at dodge for compression spec. none to be found.I have a cherokee coming in monday for headgasket going to test that one before I tear it down.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
When we first checked the compression we checked it wih out mashing the gas pettle, that was wrong, you have to mash the pettle all the way down, it ended up being 150 to 145 lbs per cylinder.
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 11 months ago.

I have done a head gasket job on a cherokee 4.7 this week and happen to think of this truck I performed a compression test and have come up with 175 on 4 cylinders that I have checked with holding pedal at all. How have you made out?