Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2002 dodge ram 4.7 SLT replaced motor with a junk yard block

Customer Question

2002 dodge ram 4.7 SLT replaced motor with a junk yard block and rebuilt heads. Replaced timing and I'm 100% sure timing is correct. (Chevy dealership checked) any ways. My #1 cylinder does have spark but wire has power. I've replaced the crank sensor and can shaft sensor. I can move the #1 coil and plug it in #3 and it has fire. I'm lost!! Someone please help
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Master Tech 1 replied 12 months ago.

are you saying that the coil pack for #! cylinder wont putout spark when it is is the #1 hole with the #1 coil connection connected to it? But will work in other posistions like #3 or #5?