Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

No crank no start power serge do to wet crankshaft sensor

Customer Question

No crank no start power serge do to wet crankshaft sensor wire replaced all under hood sensors and pcm all I hear when I try to start it is one click every time near my under hood fuse box all light fuel pump every thing works but won't crank or start
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Matt replied 12 months ago.

Hello

If the car's not cranking then first check it can turned over by hand so double checking for anymechanical issues

If OK then check that the main battery cablesare on tight and the terminals are clean and bright. Do the same for the engine/ gearbox earth strap.
Then follow the main positive lead back to the engine and down to the startermotor, and check the connection at this end as well.

There should alsobe a small wire to the motor which should have 12V when you're turning theignition switch to crank. If the 12V isn't there, check back along this wirefor damage to the insulation or corroded connections

This 12V feedcomes directly from the ignition switch so this may be faulty and needreplacing

Check theresistance of the main positive lead that runs down to the motor as anythingmore than a few ohms and it should be replaced

Don't forget totry a jump start from another car / battery as its possible the battery ispoor, if you have a voltmeter a healthy battery should read 12.7+V

also trysubstituting the battery for another as I've known a very flat battery to dragdown the system voltage too far even with jump cables

one other thing to consider is that the immobiliser is faulty and preventingthe starter from being enabled - however if the dash / ignition lights are onthen this usually means that its off

If this is all OK then its possible the car needs a new starter motor

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
all of he things you mentioned have to do with my starting system and it is a possibility that I fried them or my battery so long enough to make technically go bad
Expert:  Matt replied 12 months ago.

that is possible

try just charging the battery as the 1st step

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.