Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

2004 durango etc light flashing and p2127 code after new

Customer Question

2004 durango etc light flashing and p2127 code after new engine install
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

The P2127 code is referring to a problem with the accelerator pedal position sensor circuits. I have a procedure that you will need to follow to get to the problem.

If you need additional info or help in running through this procedure, please post a reply and I'll be glad to help.

Here is the procedure ---->> Click Here to view

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sure this info will help but briefly i just want to say. i just put a new motor in this truck. the old motor had a rod knocking. other than the noise it had no other issues. so before i get into the volt testing is there anything off the top of your head you can think of that i may have missed or overlooked in the reassembly procedure? engine does not want to idle. i have to keep the rpm's above 3000 just to keep it running
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
turns out the clip for the egr tube popped off the back of the throttle body. i clipped it on and she starts and ran fine for a few minutes . then the 2127 came back and also a p0113 came on. i erase them and both codes come back with seconds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant wait any longer ill ask another expert
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

There is one thing that comes to mind with this, if the throttle body is not the original one, you may need to run the ETC relearn procedure. This marries the new Throttle body to the PCM.

This requires the use of a capable scanner...

Thank you,

Robert