Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

07 ram 2500 diesel 4wd 5.9 egg he knock joke st happened

Customer Question

07 ram 2500 diesel 4wd 5.9 egg he knock joke st happened while driving around 45 mph, also when press on gas it won't decelerate?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** will do my best to help you on this concern.

Can you rephrase your question? I am not able to figure out what the concern is with the vehicle. Normally when you pres the gas pedal, you want it to "Accelerate" and not "decelerate".

I'm glad to help but I need to know the actual concern with the vehicle.

Also, is the check engine light on? If so, has it been scanned for codes?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When taking foot off pedal it does not decrease. It started with the motor experiencing something like a cylinder loss for whatever reason. I was traveling about 45mph at the time. Truck goes in gear and will turn back on when shut and idles but when you accelerate then take foot off pedal the rpm's don't decrease.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like you are experiencing a "runaway" condition where the engine is either burning fuel or oil in an "Uncontrolled" manner.

I HIGHLY recommend to NOT drive it and have it towed to your nearest repair facility.

It needs to be diagnosed for the cause of this. It may be burning oil that is getting into the combustion chambers or it could be fuel from a possible leaking injector.

If it is continued to be driven, it is very possible that catastrophic engine damage can occur.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .

Thank you!

Robert