Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years Diag/Electrical Specialist
13677702

In the process of replacing rear brake calipers and break

Customer Question

In the process of replacing rear brake calipers and break disks. I replaced the axle seals but do I need to pack my inner and outer bearings with grease before I reinstall them ?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Randall C replied 12 months ago.

Hello, the bearings will have grease on /in them as of now, this is fine but,, to answer you? the best and proper way is to clean as much old grease off the bearings as you can, then hand work in the wheel bearing grease back into the the bearings, If you do not want to do this procedure? then just use some wheel bearing grease and hand work some into the bearings even with old grease in them, You did htis much, came this far so yes,, work grease into the bearings to be safe. Again, cleaning the bearings of old gresae best you can, working in new grease is how it is normally done, even in the shop