-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I need help with VG Turbo Realign.

Customer Question

I need help with VG Turbo Realign.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a Witech scantool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a witech with the latest update. I go to PCM>Misc Function but I dont get an option for VG Turbo Realign or Calibrate. I only get the option for VG Turbo Cleaning.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Is the WITech at version 16.03.18? Because the turbo realign should be “Misc functions” under ECU, perform VG Turbo Actuator Pre-Align/Self Calibrate.

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

What year is your Dodge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its an 08 Dodge Cummins 6.7L AT. Im at version 16 but I dont have that option. Only VG Turbo Cleaning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im at version 16.02.11. I dont get an option to update from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the option under ECU or PCM because I only get the option for PCM?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay, just got home from the Dealership..

Is it listed if you click the Show Alternative Procedures?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With version 16 the Show Alternate Procedures shows everything thats on Misc Functions. Its just duplicated.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Do this: depending on what kind of PC you have, find the program "Software Updates" and then see if it shows a update for the WiTech to 16.03.18. I see that you have a login and are online so it should work..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that already with wiTech support. The latest update is the 16.02.11. He said something about the 16.03 being a beta.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I have attached the directions to install the turbo actuator..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the instructions. Ive downloaded the same one from a couple different sites. The issue Im having is that the option for VG Turbo Prealign/Calibrate is not in the options for ECU/Misc Options. The only option for VG Turbo that I get is for the cleaning.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

What issues are you having? Also what codes are setting? If you have replaced the actuator and it's lined up just got drive it and see if it sets any codes..

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Don't forget to rate so I'm compensated for my time..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I spoke with wiTECH and they confirmed that the VG Turbo Realign/Calibrate option is no longer there.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

To be honest I have maybe used it once or twice, but it's not really needed and that's why I asked you what issues you were having..

Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating so I'm compensated for my time.

Brad