Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2012 dodge 3500 diesel that is not starting just

Customer Question

I have a 2012 dodge 3500 diesel that is not starting just giving me a clicking noise.. my batteries are good lights are bright everything in the cab works as well but when I turn the key just clicks any ideas ??
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, you need to check for 12v at the starter while cranking. If present, replace the starter. If not, then the TIPM(totally integrate power module) in the engine compartment will need to be tested. It houses an internal starter relay and fuse, which are not serviceable and would require replacement of the TIPM and programming of it

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks