Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

I have a 2012 dodge caravan that recently stopped blowing

Customer Question

I have a 2012 dodge caravan that recently stopped blowing heat out at the feet only. It changes from defrost (top only) to mixed (top/bottom) but not just feet. I was thinking it had something to do with the blend door actuator.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

You are correct partially, either the actuator is failed or the control head is failed and not sending the voltage to the actuator. The system has built in diagnostics which can be accessed with a live data scanner Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not ,please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Possibly you have accidentally crossed 2 plug wires, after checking this first. These are the possible scenarios intake valves not seating, electrical issues, severe vacuum leak, timing chain off by one tooth on the cam gear. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not ,please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.